Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Double Coupons in Kansas City

If you're in the Kansas City area and you use coupons, you are most likely aware that we have limited doubling resources. Right now we have:

Dillon's - Their only local location is in Leavenworth, KS. They double coupons up to and including .50 and then have a bonus where any coupon .55 to $1.00 is worth $1.00. (At least, that's how I understand it.) I haven't been to Dillon's in a very long time, but I have been told that it's definitely worth the occasional trip if it's a long drive.

Hen House - They double up to and including .50 daily. The general policy is a limit of two like items, and they won't double anything that states "Do Not Double." (I hate that last part of the policy!) However, each store seems to handle the doubles a little differently, so your mileage may vary (YMMV). I get some terrific deals here on sale items on a regular basis. Hen House is my primary double coupon store.

Festival Foods - This store is off I-35 and Chouteau, I believe. They double up to and including .50 ONLY on Wednesdays. I've been there once, and their prices were so high that it wasn't worth the trip, even with double coupons!

Fairly recently, a new double coupon resource appeared, primarily for those of us in the Northland:

Riverside Red-X - They double coupons up to and including .50, excluding any liquor and tobacco products. I don't know the specifics beyond that because I hate shopping there. If you can handle major cigarette smoke while perusing the aisles and a bit of dirtiness doesn't dissuade you, maybe you can find some deals here.

And today, I became aware of a NEW member of the double deals team! According to their most recent ad, you can now double coupons at:

Sun Fresh!!! According to their ad (and I just found this out today, so I haven't visited the store yet to find out more info), they double coupons every day up to and including .50. Their ad is primarily Best Choice/store branded items, but I plan to pop over there and check out their prices to see what I can do with the new doubles. I imagine they are highly comparable to Hen House, so this might be a great new store for couponing! I see a couple of things in their ad that I will be checking out with my coupons.

It's exciting to have a new competitor on the horizon with the tempting double coupons. If you're in the area and have a good couponing experience at Sun Fresh, please let us know!! Happy couponing!

6 comments:

Annie Jones said...

I'm surprised to learn that that Dillon's have closed so many of their stores around here. I had no idea they weren't still open in Olathe or Pleasant Hill.

We had Red-X in Grandview for a while and they had good sales, but they didn't stay open. :(

It's several miles (10+) for me to get to either Hen House or SunFresh, but I will shop them if I'm in the area already.

cent_saving_mom said...

There are also 4 Dillons in Lawrence. Yes, sometimes it is well worth the drive.

Sun Fresh has doubled for quite some time but specifics will most likely vary from each location. Sun Fresh is high priced in my opinion and rarely do I find good deals there. I will however stop in on occasion to search for wine tags and new coupons. Sun Fresh like Price Chopper are owned by different entities. Some of the Price Choppers offer catalina deals but others do not. So you have to pay close attention to who owns what locations.

Also if you've never noticed Hen House and some of the Price Choppers share the same owner. Some of the Hen House locations are very strict on the coupon police and do not offer auto doubles, they do it manually. The store I go to does it automatically and I've never had issues buying multiples.

Also a few HyVees around the city double up to and including $.50.

Barry Road East of I-29 does on Thursdays.

I am still trying to find other locations that double in the city. Maybe we need to contact the HyVee stores and show that there is interest.

Cent Saving Mom
morethancents.info

Anonymous said...

The HyVee store on state line rd. in KC doubles coupons up to .99 cents on Mondays only. I called them and thats what they told me.

Anonymous said...

Hy-vee on State line doesn't double anymore I just called to check. They ended the program in March.

Anonymous said...

When I called Festival Foods yesterday, I was told that they double up to and including 49 cents, 7 days a week.

Anonymous said...

Where can i go to print coupons online without having filling out all these surveys?!