Sunday, February 1, 2009

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I've been doing a little bit of baking today. My kids are used to me making them breakfast, so I figured if I got a few muffins and things in the freezer, they will still have good breakfasts while I'm in the hospital and home recovering. I hate the thought of them having cold cereal every morning!

One of the new things I tried was Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. I threw them together and am really happy with how they turned out! They aren't too sweet, so if you want a really sweet muffin, I would suggest increasing the amount of sugar from what I used, or topping with a crumb topping or cinnamon-sugar. I like them as they are, but I know there's always room for improvement!

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

1 c. white flour
1 c. wheat flour
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2/3 c. creamy peanut butter
1 1/3 c. milk
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 eggs
1/2 c. peanut butter chips, optional

Stir together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk milk into peanut butter until smooth. Blend in the banana and eggs and mix well.

Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients in the bowl and stir just till combined. Gently fold in the chips, if using.

Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 400° for about 15 minutes.

Makes about 18 muffins.

No comments: