Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nutritionists Say Fiber is Important....

But be sure you read your labels carefully!!! :-) I made a bit of an error today in my eating habits. I was doing really well on the fiber front: breakfast was a bowl of high-fiber oatmeal, and for lunch I had a small bowl of potato soup with a hummus pita (the pita bread was also high fiber). Not bad, huh? But then for dinner, I made soft tacos. I had some "Carb Balance" tortillas in the freezer, so I pulled them out, figuring that would be good to finish up my 20 grams a day. I didn't bother to look at the label.

After dinner, which consisted of two of these tortillas, I was putting things away and happened to flip over the tortilla bag and noted that EACH tortilla contained ELEVEN grams of dietary fiber. Shocked, I started calculating and reviewing labels. I ended up having nearly 40 grams of fiber today! That is double what is recommended.

I suppose eating double the fiber grams is better than eating double the fat grams, but I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about tomorrow! LOL!

1 comment:

Annie Jones said...

There are so many comments I could make here...all beginning with "Oh" and none of them suitable for a family friendly blog like this. ;)