Friday, April 9, 2010

A Request of my Readers

Those of you who know me, know that I am very involved in my kids' schools. I volunteer as much as I can and I'm on the Board of both PTAs, etc., etc. I love volunteering and the schools need all the help they can get!

One of the projects I tried recently was applying for a grant through the Pepsi Refresh project. Pepsi chose not to advertise during the Super Bowl this year, instead deciding to take that money and use it to fund projects to make the world a better place. They are currently accepting applications for grants, and approving 1000 a month to be submitted to a public vote. The top ten ideas will receive the grant money they requested.

I applied for a grant for Chinn Elementary School to finish our Walking Trail. It's a wonderful concept that the students can utilize to get exercise. The problem is, since the trail was laid, the school has grown such that portable building have been erected. As a result, now parts of the trail cannot be seen from the center, and therefore teachers are not able to fully utilize the trail. They put student safety first, and must be able to see all children at all times.

Chinn would like to lay a new section of the trail that WILL make it fully visible, and able to be used by the students. But this costs a lot of money that we don't have. I have asked Pepsi for $5,000, which will fully finance the re-laying of the trail and finish our school's project. My idea was approved for the April vote!!!

Could you please take a moment and help me out by voting? You can simply click on this link: http://www.refresheverything.com/chinn and vote for the idea. All they ask for is your name, email address, and birthday. They won't sell or spam you - it's just to allow for the one vote per day per email address.

You can vote EVERY DAY. Right now we are #165 out of 1000, but we have until the end of April to make that magic top 10. It's a great start, but I can use all the help I can get! Thank you soooooooooo much!!!!

1 comment:

Annie Jones said...

I voted! I hope I remember to vote each day the rest of the month. Good Luck!