Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Wasn't Born on a Tuesday

I'm sure everyone has heard that old poem....Monday's Child is fair of face, Tuesday's Child is full of grace, Wednesday's Child is full of woe....... Well, I can assure with absolute certainly that I was NOT born on a Tuesday!

My daughters decided to have a lemonade stand today with their friend down the street while his mother had a garage sale. I was carrying down our stand, the ice, the lemonade, and a container of cups. While walking, I was talking with my youngest and not paying a lot of attention. Our sidewalk is NOT good. It has shifts and sudden drops and raises in the concrete....the kids hate it because they can't even bike on it due to how rough it is.

Well, my flip-flop decided to connect suddenly with one of the places where the sidewalk suddenly jumped about 3" in height. I tried to right myself, but had so much stuff in my arms that I could not. Before I knew it, I was flat on the ground and there was lemonade EVERYWHERE, including all over said youngest daughter. I have already taken several ibuprofen, but I know tomorrow will be even worse when I feel the impact on my muscles. I have three very scraped toes (one of which hurts so badly I fear it's broken), a nasty knee, a palm missing quite a bit of surface skin, a scraped up arm, and lots of bruises starting.

The only saving grace of the experience is that I don't believe anyone actually saw my act of acrobatics. I'll have to check You Tube tomorrow just to be sure, though!!

I guess the moral of the story is when life hands you lemons, please be careful not to spill the lemonade!!!!!

2 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Ouch!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Be careful!!! And no worries, I haven't seen you on YouTube yet so you're probably in the clear.