Sunday, March 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday, week of 3/2/09



I'm finally able to do some cooking (though still no lifting and I have to stick with simple recipes), so I decided to get back into my menu planning. It's been awhile, and I'm excited about having a plan again! So, here's what I'm cooking this week:

Monday - Chicken alphabet soup, homemade rolls. (I'm cooking off a chicken today, rotisserie-style, and I have this box of alphabet pasta that I've been needing to use forever, so I thought the kids might get a kick out of this. I'll also be tossing in any leftover potatoes {cubed} and carrots {chopped} from tonight's dinner.)

Tuesday - Lasagna (already in the freezer, ready to bake), salad, breadsticks.

Wednesday - Chicken stir-fry (I omit the cashews and the snow peas unless I find the snow peas cheap!), rice.

Thursday - Homemade mac and cheese, applesauce, green beans, biscuits. (Tonight is my youngest's big musical at school. She's very excited, and she even has her own solo part, so I'm making her favorite dinner in her honor.)

Friday - Chicken alfredo pizza on whole wheat crust.

Saturday - Pastitsio, corn, cornbread.

Sunday - Pork chops in mushroom soup, mashed potatoes, corn, sourdough bread.

It feels wonderful to have a plan again!!! And for lots more menu plans and recipes, be sure and visit OrgJunkie.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

This looks wonderful! I made chicken alphabet noodle soup for the boys a while back and they LOVED it! Need to do it again soon.

Glad to see you're doing some cooking again! Has to feel good!

Unknown said...

Looks like you will have a week of yummy meals. If I could, I would pay you a visit on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Thanks for following my blog, and for stopping by my hubby's. I will be avidly reading your blog from now on!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Nice menu items this week!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

so..i'm totally in for the chicken alfredo pizza! great option and i love the easy part. i will buy a premade crust and it's easy peasy!!

SavingSomeGreen said...

Welcome back! Looks like a great menu!