Sunday, March 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday, week of 3/9/09

My, how the weeks fly by! At least spring is getting closer. We had some lovely weather this past week, with one day up to 80°! It was on that day that my basic menu plan was created, with the input of my 12-year-old son, as we sat out on the front porch, chatting after he got home from school. He seemed to enjoy having some say in what we are going to eat this next week, and it was fun discussing his ideas.

Monday - Crock pot Chinese Style Country Ribs, made with carrots in the crock pot, steamed rice, and sourdough bread. I'm not thrilled about having pork two days in a row, but I realized that on Monday, I have 2 kids with eye appointments at 4:00, and a PTA meeting at 5:30, so I have to have a crock pot dinner, and this was the only one in the plan. I'll be doing great just to get dinner served with this busy evening!!

Tuesday - Taco salad. It's another PTA night, so going quick and easy. On top of that, I got a great deal on bagged salad last week, and we need to use it up!

Wednesday - Scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. This was one of my son's suggestions. The kids love breakfast for dinner, and since DH manages a breakfast place, he can handle dinner tonight!

Thursday - Spaghetti dinner at the elementary school, in conjunction with Family Reading Night and a performance by Mr. Stinky Feet. Fun, huh??? :-)

Friday - Pizza. I haven't decided yet what kind, but I still have a little leftover alfredo sauce in the fridge, so most likely it will be a white pizza on wheat crust. I'll just see what my mood is that day.

Saturday - (This is an interesting combination, but it's what my son wanted...) Ham steaks (cooked in cola and brown sugar - yum!), cheese paninis, and potato soup. This should be a very filling dinner!!

Sunday - Jack's Ranch Chicken, steamed rice, corn, sourdough bread. This will use up the rest of the bacon from Wednesday and finally fit an actual vegetable into our meals!!

Now that's a pretty simplistic week! I'll take it. I don't even need to do much grocery shopping at all, unless next week's sales are great. I think the only things I need are milk and tortilla chips!

For more great menu plans, be sure to visit OrgJunkie!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

that Jack's Ranch Chicken looks so yum...I will have to put that into my plans coming up!

Tiffany said...

I'll be there Sunday, for the Ranch Chicken. YUM!

Thanks for coming by!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Great meal plans. I am just too fly by the seed of my pantry and cook what I am in the mood for that day. Plus hubs travels so I never know until last minute.

Thanks for visiting earlier for Spring Fling!

Vickie said...

Graat menu!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will let you know if you win.

Lora said...

mmm...I love reading meal plans. Probably shouldn't read them at midnight though...

Thanks for visiting my blog today!