Sunday, April 19, 2009

K-Mart Fun!

Woohoo! K-Marts in my area are doubling coupons up to $4.00 and TRIPLING coupons up to .75! The downside is that there is a limit of 25 coupons (as opposed to the usual 75 when they double to $1.00), but it was still fun to pop over there this morning for some deals. I did learn something, though. Last time they doubled, if an item doubled exceeded the price of the item, my cashier would ONLY give me the single redemption. So I didn't purchase anything that would fit into this category except for one room freshener that would have only been .49 with the single redemption. Well, this time, the register/cashier took the $4.00, AND the .49, so it was free. That was frustrating, because I could have done much better had I known it would work that way. I plan to go back tomorrow, but I figure a lot of things will be cleared out by then, knowing K-Mart.

Anyway, here is a list of what I brought home today:

1 Clearasil cream (13-year-old son, so necessary)
4 Secret Solid deodorant
1 Secret Flawless deodorant
2 Dove frizz cream (I can't find this anywhere but K-Mart and LOVE it!)
1 Dove Deodorant
1 Renuzit Tri-Scents
1 3-pack of Ziploc containers
1 bag Ziploc sandwich bags
2 Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner
1 Natures Source bathroom cleaner
2 Formula 409 spray
2 Pledge Multi-Surface wipes
1 bottle Pine Sol
3 Glade Scented Oil Lasting Impressions
1 Glade Sense and Spray (family isn't terribly fond of these, so just 1)
1 Fantastic spray

My pre-coupon total was $106.25. Of course, we ALL know that K-Mart's prices are ridiculously inflated, so that has to be taken with a grain of salt! After coupons, my grand total was..........$19.27!

I definitely could have done better, but I'm happy with what I got. I really needed the Clearasil, and the cleaning products I bought are ones we use most of the time. I also love the Lasting Impressions, and the frizz cream is something I haven't been able to find anywhere else. Sadly, I bought the only two they had, so I may never find it again. I didn't buy things we don't really use just because they were cheap or free, so that's always a plus. I think I got a lot of stuff for $19.27!

Did you get to have fun at K-Mart this week?? I'd love to see your deals!!!

No comments: