Sunday, April 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday, week of 4/27/09



I didn't do a menu plan last week. Last Sunday I was just not in the mood for it, so I decided to wing it for a week. It wasn't too bad. I fixed what sounded good, and this went well with the crazy week that we had. We got new windows put in the house - wow, was that an undertaking! I'm glad it's done, though, because now I can actually OPEN windows in this house, which is wonderful on these warm, breezy spring days. We didn't go out, so I was fairly successful at not making a weekly plan. This week, though, I decided to make one.

Monday - Sonja's Chicken (recipe from the Living on a Dime newsletter - I have some heavy cream leftover from making ice cream and this sounds like a great way to use it up and it's a NEW recipe!), mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, homemade rolls.

Tuesday - Grilled pork chops with apricot/orange glaze (we experimented and came up with this last week and devoured it!), cheesy broccoli rigatoni (another new recipe to try), the rest of the rolls.

Wednesday - Sloppy Joes, rice, corn. The older kids have been asking for sloppy joes. I think I still have some buns in the freezer, but if not, I'll make them.

Thursday - Chicken alfredo pizza. We always have pizza on Fridays, but this Friday we can't, so we moved it to Thursday.

Friday - Family Fun night at the girls' school. We will be feasting on hot dogs and chips! (Can you say heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach.......)

Saturday - Bierocks and Pizza pockets (from a couple of weeks ago), crunch top potatoes, green beans.

Sunday - Skillet bow tie lasagna, corn, soft buttery breadsticks. (I never made this 2 weeks ago)

That's my menu plan for the week. This week isn't as crazy, but if the weather cooperates, I'll be out in my garden a LOT. I have lots to do to get it ready, and then the planting will begin. I will definitely be busy. I'm also subbing in 1st grade tomorrow. Yes, I do believe I'm nuts...I'll post a picture of my garden soon and you will KNOW I am! :)

For more great menu plans, be sure and visit orgjunkie.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

mmmm...pork chops with apricot/orange glaze sound AWESOME!

Janelle said...

I just put apricot jam, a little soy sauce, and orange juice in a plastic bag and marinated them. He basted them with the sauce while grilling. They were fantastic and there wasn't a bit leftover!!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Hello from another Janelle! You're posts make me hungry.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Your menu sounds yummy!