Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies

Yesterday was a rainy day and I decided to do some baking. Along with bread and muffins, I baked a batch of new cookies. I combined and tweaked a few recipes in order to come up with this one, and it is REALLY good!! I know I will be making these again, and probably doing some more tweaking, too. :-)

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies

2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 c. unsalted butter, softened (seriously - use real butter!)
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. almond extract
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. toffee chips

Stir together flour, soda, and salt.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pudding mix, eggs, and extracts until creamy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture to form a dough. Stir in the chips.

Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheets and bake at 350° for about 10 minutes. They are best when the edges are browned but the centers are light - so soft and yummy!!


I had a little bit of ice cream left in the freezer, so I softened it a bit and made some "sandwiches" with these cookies. They are in the freezer now and I can't wait to try them. However, it won't be dessert tonight, since I have an apple pie in the oven now! :-)

Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

D Q said...

These sound really good. I'm gonna have to try this recipe.

Annie Jones said...

I love putting pudding mix in cookies to keep them soft!

Kat and I would really like these, I think, but Shane would miss out, since he doesn't like toffee.