Monday, October 27, 2008

Supercook is an addiction!

I have become addicted to supercook.com. I used to surf sites like allrecipes and recipezaar looking up certain ingredients and seeing what I could find and did find new things to try now and then. However, recently while reviewing blogs, I saw the supercook site mentioned and thought I would give it a try. I am hooked!!!!

This website keeps track of what you have on hand in the kitchen and it surfs all the recipe sites (well, the main ones, anyway) for things that you can make, presenting them to you in a format that lists the things you can make now, and things you can make with just a few more ingredients, detailing those ingredients. It even has a listing of common ingredients to help you remember everything you have for cooking/baking. It isn't foolproof, and I have found some recipes that it said I could make where key ingredients were not to be located in my house, but overall it's such a helpful site!! I have found a bunch of new recipes to try since I started using the site.

If you haven't been to the site, check it out, and then please come back and tell me what you think. I find it to be a very helpful site, and I love that I can search by a key ingredient (click on something to narrow your search to a particular thing you need to "use up") and it gives me recipes that I know I can make, not just a generic listing of every recipe out there. It's really a great site!!

Stay warm tonight....it's very cold here in Kansas City!!!!

No comments: