Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Fun Trip to HyVee

Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo taken of what I purchased, because most of it was put away downstairs (and the camera is upstairs). Here is a list of what I bought for $15.48:

5 M&M/Mars candy bars - (used free item coupons)
1 lb. HyVee real butter - .94
Roberts OJ 1/2 gallon - .94
4 12-packs of A&W Root Beer - $2.50 each
1 12-pack Diet Mountain Dew -(used free item coupon)
HyVee 15 oz. tomato sauce - .19
HyVee ice cream 1/2 gallon - free w/ A&W purchase
24 oz. Hunt's Ketchup - (used free item coupon)
1 gallon distilled vinegar - $1.78
Oscar Mayer Beef Franks - (used free item coupon)
24 oz. cottage cheese - .94
Glade Lasting Impressions - (used free item coupon)
Mighty Dog canned dog food - (used free item coupon)

Not a bad haul for $15, especially considering that the soda was $10 of that!! The soda wasn't a necessity, of course, but we let the kids have some with dinner on occasion. That amount will last us quite a long time.

I'm looking good this week. I have a list of things I want that are on sale for good prices starting tomorrow. I should be able to stick with only $50 on food this week, which is a good thing!

No comments: