Sunday, July 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday, Week of 7/6/09


How can it be July already?? It seems like the summer is just flying by, doesn't it?? I'm definitely enjoying the slower pace and all the time with my kids - I dread them going back to school. We're just having too much FUN this summer!!!!

This week was an easier-than-usual plan because I have two nights where I don't have to cook - woohoo!! I've got one new item on the menu, and am excited to try it. Here's the plan:

Monday - Pretzel-crusted chicken (I would link to the recipe, but I can't find it online - it's from a Sandra Lee cookbook), oven fries, glazed carrots, homemade rolls.

Tuesday - Swiss steak (simple - I put a large round steak in the Crock Pot and pour a can of diced tomatoes over the top and cook on low all day!), rice, corn, rest of the rolls.

Wednesday - Pizza mystery shop.

Thursday - Social function with DH's work. Dinner will be provided along with the entertainment (minor league baseball game - lots of fun!)

Friday - Pizza night. Probably ham and mushroom on a sourdough crust. The kids can never seem to get enough pizza!

Saturday - Pork piccata, mashed potatoes, "fried" apples (from the freezer), White Lily biscuits.

Sunday - Lasagna (due to some changes I didn't get this made last week), garden salad, soft buttery breadsticks.


Just in case you haven't noticed, I've added a subscription form at the top of my blog (and the Leftovers one, too!). Please subscribe for regular updates. I plan to start posting a lot more regularly and you don't want to miss out! :-)

And for more great menu plans, be sure and visit the official Menu Plan Monday!

No comments: